Thursday 1 December 2011

Countdown to Christmas - Christmas Mantelpiece - Silver, Pewter, glitter!

This year Christmas for me will be silver with accents of purple.  I am trimming a few areas of my house and today I wanted to share my silver Christmas mantelpiece. You don't have to spend a lot of money or rush out to buy new decorations if you want to try this look,  my guess is that you probably have a house full of decorations tucked away that would work.




I began with a simple glass hurricane lamp which cost me a few dollars at the local hospice shop.  To this I have added silver Christmas tree baubles and a couple of silver wire decorations for a little bit of texture.



I then added these gorgeous pewter and silver silk Poinsetta's





 I placed a small tree from The Christmas Heirloom Company at one end of the mantlepiece and decorated it with simple garlands of beads in silver and mauve. I then hung little crystal balls which I strung on very narrow organza ribbons and topped the tree with a silver bow.


The silver rose bowl belonged to my grandmother, it has a multitude of uses...hint...don't throw away grandmas silver its very fashionable now.


This pretty mercury glass candlestick I bought for NZ$15 at French Country outlet store.  


I still have a swag to add so will update you with the total look later this week...

Sharing this post with Savvy Southern Style



My next post in my "Countdown to Christmas", will be some 
delicious no-bake truffles with a secret ingredient.

Lee oxo
&
Poppy




5 comments:

  1. You inspired me. I have glass vase, just need to buy some nice baubles (gold suits better to my deco).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops... removed my comment as had a big spelling error. I was going to say any colours that work with your decor is fine. If you are using one colour only then it is great to add some texture by mixing shiny baubles with matt and embossed with plain. Gold will be stunning you also could mix gold and pewter it would look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful!! You have given me so many ideas. I really want silver and turquoise this year. Lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Christmas mantle is looking lovely! Thanks for sharing your pics, Lee!

    A wonderful weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy to inspire you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time to leave a comment, I ♥ to read your comments and try to reply to them all.