Wednesday 11 January 2012

New Painting, Pink And White Roses

Here are the shots I have taken for my next painting, I'd love your feedback on which is your favourite. They are similar but there are subtle differences as I moved the flowers around.  I take all my shots at night with a simple spotlight above, this helps to create a contrast of light and shadow which are what my paintings are about.

 Image 1

 Image 2

 Image 3

Image 4

Image 5

Image 6

Image 2 and 5 are my front runners at the moment. I love the folds in the petals of the pink rose and the light casting interesting shadows on the white rose. As you will see I love to crop I rarely use a reference shot without cropping.  I am still very undecided about the images above, hence your comments would be greatly appreciated. My canvas will be approximately 900mm x 1100mm  (for my USA viewers, just under 3 feet in depth X just over 3 feet, 7" wide) size will depend on the image I select.




 If you haven't seen my work before you may be interested in the links below. 



Have a great week

Lee oxo
Poppy





8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Lee! I really like number two and three :) xo K

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just took a look at some of your paintings , They are beautiful ! These photos will make lovely paintings !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon, I hope to get a painting out of these but still undecided as to which image I will use. Great to get feed back from readers as it helps me to know what others like, not just what I like :)

      Lee

      Delete
  3. Hard to choose, they're all pretty gorg! I think my fav is no. 5 - I like the composition and the structure of the plants at the side. Hope that helps. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your fav's so far, I am leaning towards 5 as I like the cropped pink rose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  5. Image 3 for me- cropped slightly at the top. Very pretty Lee!
    Deb x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time to leave a comment, I ♥ to read your comments and try to reply to them all.