Wednesday 18 January 2012

Shabby Chic Cottage By The Sea

Today is glorious weather, the sun is shining, the sky is powder blue and I feel Summer might finally be here! I've just been for a long walk with Poppy down to Mission Bay beach, walked  briskly along the promenade as Poppy pranced along beside me on the sea wall.  We walked through Kohimarama towards St Helier's and back and in between I introduced Poppy to her first time in the sea (a whole new post :))...Poppy is now lying comatose beside me as I'm typing, she is utterly worn out but a very happy little dog.

I am full of the joys of sea, sun and sand, so in keeping with how I feel, today I'm sharing a delightful cottage also beside the sea but in the UK in Kent.  This unique home is full of interesting items and decorated 1930's style, don't you think it has a "shabby chic" but nautical feeling? The cottage has it's own private beach and the property is available for film/photo shoots through jj Locations, you will find a link at the end of this post.

I think this place is really quite unique and the pretty blue lends a real seaside feel to the inside. I hope you enjoy looking inside as much as I did.














Images from jj Locations, please do not re-use these images without their permission. Please click "here" to see more images of this delightful cottage or contact jj Locations for more information.

If you like shabby chic you may also like these homes:


A Lincolnshire house with a touch of Shabby Chic
A Victorian Apartment 



Sharing this post with:
Wow us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style


Hope your week is bright and sunny
Lee
&
Poppy


5 comments:

  1. Love these images, the color blue does make this home so happy and inviting....Especially love the open shelving in the kitchen.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree and its a lovely soft blue its not "Bang" right in your face bright deep blue that was around in the early 90's.

      Delete
  2. So pretty. I love the little umbrellas with their tassels - wonder where I'd find one of those?! We're having fab weather here in Hawke's Bay too - yay! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vic,

      I have managed to track down the little umbrellas but they come with a rather large price tag! Here is the link:

      http://www.indiangardencompany.com/sun-umbrellas/the-raj-collection.aspx

      They are 240 British pounds each and they do deliver internationally.

      I would love one for my outdoor table, it would be magic! I might do a bit more research see if I can find where they are made in India and find a better price.

      Lee

      Delete
  3. This really is the ultimate in shabby chic, so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time to leave a comment, I ♥ to read your comments and try to reply to them all.