Sunday 19 February 2012

DIY Ottoman & Ottoman Inspiration

Today I'm sharing some ottoman inspiration. Ottomans are traditionally found in bedrooms, however, they're making a comeback and turning up in living areas as coffee or side tables. I've created a slide show to inspire you and also a link to Jenny Steffens Hobick a well known blogger who has a wonderful step by step tutorial to make your own ottoman from scratch. Jenny made a lovely one for her new baby's room for only $50. Jenny's website has lots of lovely food inspiration so even if your not interested in making your own ottoman I'm sure you'll get lost in Jenny's site ☺
Click through the slideshow to see more Ottoman Inspiration


For Jenny's ottoman tutorial click "here" (you will find step by step instructions and clear images)



Sharing today with:




Hope you found some inspiration, I know I have
And think I might re upholster an ottoman of my
Mums and replace my coffee table.  Maybe get a nice rattan tray
To go on top of the ottoman.
Lee oxo
&
Poppy


·

8 comments:

  1. I can't wait to click over to the tutorial! One of the things I really want to do is make my own furniture! We made our son's (very basic) toddler bed, and I really want to do more! :)

    Hope you're doing well. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm doing good Tea thanks and finally into a new painting. The DIY tutorial is great, you can actually make this ottoman from scratch and it looks really easy, I know with you and your husband's skills (from seeing what you have already done), you will have no problem between you ☺

      Delete
  2. Awesome! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment :), nice to hear from someone new.

      Lee

      Delete
  3. GORGEOUS ROOM AND SPACE. Love the ottoman too. Sharing this on my COM-FB page. winks, jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jen, I will check out your FB page.

    Lee ☺

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a big fan of ottomans. We have a large round one which has taken a hammering from the kids. I want to get it re-covered, but am taking a while to decide on the fabric. I want to make sure I get it right. Thanks for the inspiration. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh I am a bit overdue replying to your comment Vic sorry. I want a large ottoman in the living room possibly to use as a combined coffee table.

      Thank you for taking time to comment.

      Lee ☺

      Delete

Thank you for your time to leave a comment, I ♥ to read your comments and try to reply to them all.