Friday 18 April 2014

Sunlight Bathes The Walls of a Yellow, Rustic Farmhouse Near Crikvenica


The dappled sunlight, on the yellow walls of this old farmhouse, immediately caught my attention. Home to Anne-Katrin, Gordan and their 5 boys, the farmhouse is located in the Vinodol Valley, near Crikvenica on the Adriatic coast. As yet, I have not been fortunate to travel to Croatia, however, my sister-in-law has an apartment on the Adriatic side of Italy which I have visited, and I can easily visualise a similar beauty in the surrounding area of Crikvenica.



Once the family home of Gordan's parents, after inheriting the farmhouse and seeing it as the perfect place to raise their growing boys, Anne-Katrin and Gordan, made the move from their apartment to the spacious farmhouse near the sea...

Above: Wood, stone and rustic plastered walls are common in the old farmhouses of this area. Vintage wooden pieces help create a warmth to the kitchen area




Abundant fruits from the farm and sourced locally

Above: There is nothing nicer than Al fresco dining, so the family take advantage of the glorious summers

Above: An old stone sink appears almost pillar like and blends wonderfully with the white washed, stone wall

Above: Light filters through the French doors into an attic bedroom

Above: Until now, I wouldn't have associated "airing washing" and "idyllic" in the same sentence

Above: Courtyard dining



Image sources via/photography by Dozel Bernard



Personally I couldn't think of a better environment to raise five growing boys and Crikvenica is most definitely on my bucket list.



Lee oxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your time to leave a comment, I ♥ to read your comments and try to reply to them all.