Wednesday 3 December 2014

Update on Master Bedroom - A Peek At My New Cushions, Headboard and Wall Colour


I promised an update of the progress of my master bedroom, I wanted to give you a glimpse of my new headboard and cushions. My shutters have just been installed, however I want to wait until the full reveal to share these properly.

 
In an earlier post I shared my design board;



I have made a few changes from the design board above. The chosen paint colour is, Resene 'Hint of Grey', originally I was going to use Porters 'French Grey' however as I am prone to changing things around in my home, I thought the barely there grey, would be more adaptable than the French Grey which had a blue tone. I used  Hint of Grey in my office and decided it was the perfect neutral for bedroom which gets plenty of light. I also decided on the Cabbage Rose Duvet cover in blue from Household Linens and as I frequently change my mind, I have chosen yellow as an accent colour instead of pink, although both look colours work wonderfully with blue, white and grey.

Above: Walls, Resene 'Hint of Grey', cool but not cold and perfectly suited to a sunny room. This shot was taken before the shutters went up. The blind has now been removed.

Above: A peek at my new headboard bought through a craftsman on Trademe who custom makes headboards and at $240 it was a bargain. I chose New England style with a tongue and groove back, this style is perfect for the look I want to achieve.


Above and below: My new cushions were custom made by Kaye of Curtainalia & Bel Cuscino. I didn't want Euro's for my largest cushions as I felt they would hide the headboard too much. Using the back and front of one Euro cover, (Cabbage Rose blue), Kaye made two 55cm cushions to match my duvet cover, these were backed with a washed, slubby textured, white linen. The linen was then used to make two, 50 x 35 cm cushions, piped with the cabbage rose blue. Then came my accent cushion which is shades of blue Hydrangeas with a pop of buttercup yellow for summer from Martha's Furnishing Fabrics... I can't wait to show you the bed dressed, it looks so pretty.


There are still the side tables to purchase, lamps, artwork (I will be making myself) and a few other pieces of furniture, however next week reveal the bed with all the linen in place.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hopefully the end of next week Camille, the shutters are in and I hope to get my new bedside tables next week.

      Delete
  2. I love the colour palette and the cushions are beautiful. Can't wait to see the room finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anna, I have never used this palette before and really love it too.

      Delete
  3. Oh looking good. I love your fabric choices. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your time to leave a comment, I ♥ to read your comments and try to reply to them all.